Time is passing by so quickly that months are blurring in to each other. My memory is so poor that I am now struggling to remember key things that my little cheeky monkey has done. For example I am not sure which month it was that he started crawling, or that he slept through for the first time, or spoke his first word. Despite re-assuring myself I was bound not to forget such key things I have to concede that it is far easier said than done. I have wondered whether I have missed the boat and should have kept a diary like this a lot sooner. But I guess it is never too late to start rather than live to regret doing nothing about it at all. So here you go. A list of the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Harry, this is what you did for the 1st time in May 2015:
- Threw yourself theatrically to the floor in a tantrum (forcing us to leave the room to contain our laughter)
- Starting pointing to yourself and saying your name – albeit as Hawwy
- Went on a plane abroad
- Fell in an ant’s nest
- Used a stick to feed sausages to turtles in a park in Madrid (random but true)
- Came out in eczema
- Called every black dog Urcy (after my brother-in-law’s black Lab – Murphy)
- Called your Auntie Sally by her name for the first time (which cheered her up on a very sad day)
- Pointed at people in photos we have about the house and said their names (repeatedly)
- Learnt how to say and do pile-ons (sitting on our sofa is now a dangerous business)
- Started making dens and hiding (although you weren’t very good at the staying hid part)
- Slept in a bed (and didn’t get out until told to do so)
- Gave Mummy a sleep in until 8.15am!!!!!!!!
- Joined in the chorus to a Rolling Stones track (Sympathy for the Devil) – OOOO-OOOO OOOO-OOOO
- Got your first Liverpool kit (much to your Daddy’s dismay)
But despite my very best efforts you still didn’t say “Love You Mummy”. Oh well, perhaps next month.
Harry’s Honest Mummy x