There is so much that I have to capture from our recent two-week family holiday in Anglesey that this post could well turn in to War and Peace. We had a fantastic time and shared lots of magic moments that will stay with me forever. I will attempt to keep it brief and pull out the key highlights. But I make no excuses as I need the detail so that in a few years time, when I read this back, I have enough to remind myself of the magical time we spent together.
- Monday: The week didn’t bode well when on our first day we had a downpour. However where this is rain, there are muddy puddles. He was filthy but loved splashing in his new Minions wellies and even enjoyed a water fight with some older boys on the campsite.
- Wednesday: Harry’s sister and her mum popped down to see us. He had a great time running up and down the site, and later on running up and down the beach, and after that running up and down in a coffee shop. Running was definitely the theme of the day.
- Thursday: Yet again it rained and so we went on a trip out to the Anglesey Sea Zoo. Daddy broke a toy shark from the gift shop whilst entertaining Harry as we waited for our bacon butties in the café. Admittedly we sneaked it back to where he picked it up from and made a sharp exit!
- Friday: A day on the beach rock pooling. We saw lots of small fish and Mummy made a big fuss out of finding a small crab. But, it turned out to be dead so I lied and said it was sleeping.
- Saturday: Another day on Benllech beach in glorious sunshine. Daddy spent the best part of the day making “DinoWorld” (a massive fortress made from sand with watchtowers for the dinosaurs), whilst Harry watched on unimpressed eating an ice lolly.
- Monday: We went on the most fantastic bike ride through Newborough Forest. We cycled to Traeth Penrhos, ditched the bikes against a tree, and spent the next hour just running up and down the unspoilt beach, and playing hide and seek in the sand dunes. The scenery is stunning and I can’t wait to go there again.
- Tuesday: The trip to Foel Farm Park has to rank as one of our best days out ever, it was full of magic moments. H fell in love with a guinea pig he was handling, took part in feeding the lambs, let goats eat out of his hand, dabbled in horse whispering – “Horsey, what you doin”, went on a tractor ride, and we were even treated to the Shire horse having a poo as we were parked downwind of it. A real treat!
- Wednesday: Taid Bobby came to visit in the afternoon and we all went out for tea at the Bay Café in Benllech and had a lovely evening relaxing, eating, laughing and watching the sunset.
- Friday: We travelled up to Rhosneigr to sit on the beach and watch the jets setting off and landing from RAF Valley. H repeatedly said “going on holiday Mummy?” after every plane that took off . Once again I lied and just said “yes” as the real explanation was just too complicated for a 2 year old to understand! As it was our last day on the island we headed out for tea once again at the Bay Café. A perfect end to a perfect holiday.
Hope the photos do it justice.
Harry’s Honest Mummy x