Here we go again, time to round-up the firsts for another month. I started this series of posts because I have a type of epilepsy that affects my short-term memory. Quite simply if I don’t write it down I forget it. I don’t want to forget the moments that have brought a smile to my face, those that pulled at my heart-strings and even those that left me wanting to rip my hair out in frustration. So Harry here are your firsts for August:
- Rode your big boys bike without stabilisers and without any help (another significant milestone!!)
- Ate a samosa
- Used my finger to pick your nose – which you thought was hilarious
- Wore a wetsuit – “I can wee and no-one will see”
- Saw two rainbows next to each other – something that was also a first for me
- Wore head phones as you watched a DVD in the car – it was a complete revelation for you – “Mummy the car is talking”. The look on your face was priceless.
- Ate a stick of rock – it was a challenge but you tackled it well and wouldn’t be beaten!
- Boogie boarded
- Went on a ferry boat
- Queued over an hour for a table at a restaurant….well it was at Rick Steins chippy in Padstow so it was worth waiting for. To be honest you were better behaved than me. I find waiting in a queue so stressful.
But there was also a last this month which makes me a little sad. It is the last time you can use the seat on the back of Daddy’s bike. Quite simply you are just too big now. Those little stocky legs are going to have to power your own one the next time we go out for a ride. I’m not worried though because the progress you are making means you will probably be better and faster than me by the start of next summer.
We have had a fabulous summer together as a family. Next month you start Reception Class and I look forward to whatever the next adventure brings in this new and exciting stage of your life.
Love you x