I started this series of posts a few months ago because I was struggling to remember all of the things my little man was doing. He is growing up so fast and learning new things at an alarming speed that it is hard to keep up with him. The days are blurring in to each other. Despite re-assuring myself I was bound not to forget such special moments I have to concede that it is far easier said than done. I have therefore decided to keep a list of all his “1st’s”.
Harry, this is what you did for the 1st time in August 2015:
- Went to your first live show – OK it wasn’t Cold Play or Dirty Dancing Live, but Mummy has to concede that In The Night Garden Live was pretty good fun. Watching a room full of adults reduced to singing “Yes my name is Iggle Piggle” is a memory that never fails to make me laugh
- Fell in love with a guinea pig – next year’s birthday present idea has already been wrapped up (not literally, because that would be wrong)
- Bottle fed lambs – you also fed goats, horses, and cows but by then the excitement had waned a little
- Went on a tractor ride and got to sit in the cab
- Held a baby crab – it was dead but I didn’t have the heart to tell you. I said it was sleeping
- Started saying “mine” a lot. “My dinosaur, My Daddy, My Mummy, …..”
- Started picking flowers for Mummy – I have had a great collection of daisies, buttercups and dandelions this summer
- Stayed up past 8pm
- Got upset because you were being picked on by an older boy – Mummy looked him in the eye and told him very calmly – and without blinking – that it wasn’t nice for a 6-year-old boy to be calling you names. I was pleased that I showed such restraint. A 1st for Mummy.
- Blew out someone else’s candles on their birthday cake (much to everyone’s amusement)
- Won a Best Boy Dancer award
- Said “Hello Lady” to a man with a ponytail that served us with drinks at Mummy’s favourite coffee shop
And my favourite thing you did this month is pronounce caravan as “zaziban”. It is just such a fabulous word. I love it so much that I am going to use that word for EVER as it makes caravanning sound so much better than it really is! I am already looking forward to plenty more weekends at our zaziban.
Harry’s Honest Mummy x