Time goes by so quickly that I find it useful to jot down all the things that my little cheeky monkey did for the first time during the month. I call it my Month of 1st’s. I want this to be something I can look back on to remind myself of major milestones and tender moments. I also can’t believe how quickly time is passing and how much he is growing up. Here is what happened for the first time in July.
- Finger painting – I am not the arty type, so in a moment of madness I got the paints out and we decided to give it a go. How did it go? I got two pictures, a tie dye t-shirt (not in the plan) and some stained glass windows (also not in the plan).
- Big boys bed – we might be a bit late to do this but only because your Daddy needed to find the time to do it. And after seeing how fiddly it was I was left in no doubt as to why he wouldn’t let me have a go.
- Associated Wimbledon with grunting and not with playing tennis – Sharapova v Williams. Need I say anymore?
- Got a big boys haircut
- Turned 2 (sob – slow down!!)
- Started saying Happy Birthday to everyone and then expecting cake – GaGa, Hollie, adderallonlinexr.com/adderall-30mg/ Mummy and Harry have all had their birthday this month so it must have been very confusing.
- Amazed us with saying the names of your Dinosaurs – T-Rex, Stegosaurus, and my favourite one that you say Dictodocuth (Diplodocus)
- Won an award for best boy dancer and surprised and delighted Mummy and Daddy with your disco moves – gandam style!
- Went on a boat as a birthday treat and said hello to every dog, canoeist, rower and duck that we went past
- Saw a tramp – and courtesy of big sister who taught you the word – you then said it to numerous passers-by that day.
- Didn’t eat the sand when we went to the beach – YYYEEAAAHHH! To understand my joy please feel free to read the horror story of our last beach excursion – Pooping Sandcastles
- Had your very first dinner date – Mummy cooked up cod loin wrapped in Italian breadcrumbs on a bed of dauphinoise shaped potatoes covered in bean jus – OK, OK fish fingers, potato waffles and beans. In my defence I am a working mum and by no means a contestant for Masterchef.
And on the very last day of the month you were able to say the words “Happy Birthday Mummy”. A truly magical moment and better than any present I could have wished for.
Harry’s Honest Mummy x