Whilst last month I listed out a whole host of things that my little cheeky monkey did for the first time, this month looks quite light in comparison. I put this down to my poor memory and have made a note to self to jot things down as they happen. So here is what happened for the first time in the month of June.
- Chased squirrels – you didn’t just chase them you terrorised them. The poor things ran under bushes, up trees and even in bins to escape you. At one point I thought they might go on the attack and so I was chasing you as you were chasing them. It must have looked very comical to anyone watching. Jeremy Beadle missed out on a classic.
- Learnt the words “ossydoc (Octopus), elicop (Helicopter), hippo, play barn, squiggles (squirrels)
- Unashamedly ran naked around your Auntie’s back garden.
- Ate a curry (homemade Chicken Tikka Masala no less).
- Wished people a Happy Birthday – it has been a busy month for them and I think hearing those words was better than the actual present itself.
- Hit a piñata – but didn’t quite get the hang of the game as you were more interested in wearing the head as a hat than you were gathering up the sweets.
- “Played piano” – you and Mummy liked it but everyone else in the hotel didn’t look too impressed.
- Went on the bus – but it was hot and busy so you weren’t as excited as I thought you might have been.
- Got put on the naughty step – Yes, it’s happened. Another milestone reached.
- Picked up a rugby ball. Harry is Welsh, so I have always said that if he plays rugby then he will be the next Shane Williams. Based on the fact my bum is pretty close to the floor and my husband is 5ft 10 and quick on his feet, it’s probably the only rugby position Harry could play.
- Dunked your biscuit in some else’s cup of coffee. A plasterer had come round to give us a quote for some work. I made him a cup of coffee and he was sitting down chatting away to me with it in his hand. Harry just brazenly walked over to him, dunked it in and walked off again, completely oblivious to what he had just done. I didn’t even know he knew what dunking was!?!
And at the 11th hour you said the words I have been longing to hear. “Love you Mummy”. And I melted.
Harry’s Honest Mummy x